DULUTH, MN– If you are looking for something to do, the City of Duluth Parks and Recreation group can help out.
There are several community events taking place in the coming days and weeks across the Northland, ranging from kids events, movies, outdoor activities, and much more.
Below is a list of events set to take place in the coming days and weeks:
- Pop-up Play: Parks and Rec staff will be hosting free family-friendly activities at Endion Plaza Sunday, September 22 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Families with kids kindergarten-age and younger can come socialize and engage in play activities with other families every Wednesday and Friday beginning Sept. 16 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Washington Center Gym. The event costs $1.
- Family Archery Night at Chester Park from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, September 29. The event costs $5.
- Family-friendly hike on Saturday, September 21 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Lester Park. The event costs $3 and the hike will end with roasting hot dogs and s’mores over a fire.
- The whole family can learn the basics of canoeing on Saturday, September 29 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Rock Pond in the Bagley Nature Area. The event is $10 per canoe.
- ‘Parks after Dark’ stargazing and night hike Tuesday, September 24 from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Chester Park. The event costs $2.
- Open skate Sundays from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. beginning October 6 and on Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. beginning September 18. The open skate will take place at the Essentia Duluth Heritage Center. It’ll cost $2 on Sundays, but free on Wednesdays. Pre-school aged children can get on the ice with their caregivers Tuesdays from 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and will cost $2.
- Seniors can get out and exercise at the Washington Center Gym Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. starting September 19 and will cost $2.
- Seniors can get out and hike different trails, kicking off the first Seniors Hike event. There are two opportunities, one on Monday, September 23 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Chambers Grove, and the other on Monday, September 30 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Hawk’s Ridge. Both hiking events cost $2.
- Free showing of the movie ‘The Public” on Wednesday, September 25 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Evergreen
- Christmastide with the Celtics Sounds of Simple Gifts with Billy McLaughlin at the Morgan Park Community Center from 8 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Wednesday, December 18.
Click here for more details on all the upcoming events.