DULUTH, MN — The future re-development for portions of Duluth’s two public golf courses is now closer to reality.
You’ll recall in August, the Duluth City Council approved a plan to move forward a process that would allow developers to submit proposals for the potential development of Lester and Enger golf courses.
That includes 50-acres of the Lester’s Lake Nine and 10-acres of the driving range at Enger.
After drafting a Request for Proposal, the city is now ready to accept and review plans that include mixed-use residential affordable housing.
This comes as both golf courses have fallen into serious debt in recent years.
Below is a timeline with dates and events:
• Request for Proposals issued – October 14, 2019
• Deadline for questions – October 25, 2019
• Submit Intent to Propose (optional) – October 30, 2019
• Final written responses/addenda issued – November 6, 2019
• Development proposals due – November 20, 2019
• Notification of selected proposal and developer – January, 2020
The proposals can be reviewed here.