UPDATE: Esko students return to class following evacuation

UPDATE: Fire officials say they now know why carbon monoxide levels rose at the Esko School Monday morning.

According to officials, a water heater malfunction caused the levels to rise, which then caused students to evacuate across the street to St. Matthew’s Church.

Students were able to return to class around 10:45 a.m. Monday morning.

Officials say they will be replacing the malfunctioning water heater.


ESKO, MN– Esko school officials say students have been evacuated because of what the district called “higher than average” levels of carbon monoxide detected in the district’s school building Monday morning.

According to an email from the Esko School District, students have been safely evacuated, and are currently at St. Matthew’s Church, which is right across the street from Esko Schools.

No word at this time when students will be able to return to class.

Emergency officials and school administrators are investigating the situation.

Calls to the Esko School District and the Esko Fire Department were not immediately returned.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Austin Haskins

Austin Haskins

Meteorologist/Web Producer
TOP STORIES

KBJR 6 Weather Authority

Ashland
39°
Hayward
43°
Superior
45°
Hibbing
41°
International Falls
44°
Grand Marais
39°
Ironwood
41°
Siren
44°
Solon Springs
43°
Munising
40°
Brainerd
48°
Bemidji
45°
Aitkin
43°
Silver Bay
39°
Cloquet
39°
Cook
43°
Ely
43°
Grand Rapids
41°
Mora
43°
Moose Lake
43°
Orr
41°
Two Harbors
41°
Hinckley
43°
Connect with KBJR 6
Top Stories
AHL At A Glance

NOTE: Two points are awarded for a win, one point for an overtime or shootout loss. ___ Bakersfield 6, Stockton 2 Laval 5, Providence 4,

Read More »
Scroll to top
Skip to content