ST. PAUL, MN — Ahead of the Minnesota Fishing Opener, the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) is asking those traveling for the fishing opener to be prepared for highway work zones.
Multiple projects are already underway, causing motorists who are planning to travel to encounter lane closures and detours as several transportation projects are under way this construction season.
In addition to the road construction, parts of the state are also experiencing flooding, and MnDOT recommends motorists prepare for slower traffic, and to have an alternate route in place.
Here are a few highway projects that could impact weekend travel:
- I-35W will have several closures.
- Along the Minnesota River will have alternating lane closures, narrow lanes and ramp closures due to Bridge Replacement.
- Northbound and southbound lanes closed and ramp closures between I-94 and 46th Street
- I-35W between Roseville and Blaine will have Northbound lane closure and southbound lanes reduced to two lanes, with the work occurring at night
- Single lane traffic and lane closure at the I-35 split in Forest Lake
- I-35 Northbound and southbound lanes will be reduced to one lane near Harris
- Roadway reduced to one lane with alternating lane and ramp closures at night on I-35E in the Mendota Heights area.
- Westbound I-494 traffic reduced to two lanes with ramp closure near Inver Grove Heights
- I-94 will be reduced to single lanes around Lake Latoka near Alexandria and the Lake Latoka Rest Area will be closed as a result
- Highways 55, 59, 79 reduced to one lane near Elbow Lake
- Highway 12 closed due to flooding between Highway 75 and County Road 36
- Highway 119 closed between Highway 40 and County Road 34 with detour and alternating lane closures in place
- Highway 27 closed with a detour in place near Little Falls
- Single lane traffic, lane shifts and reduced speeds along Highway 65/Highway 107 near Braham
- Highway 169 reduced to one lane near Garrison
- Highway 15 closed from St. Augusta to Kimball
- Highway 55 closed from Annandale to Maple Lake, detour in place
- I-35 southbound lane closed due to bridge replacements along the Snake River near Pine City. Traffic along Highway 70 detoured to Highway 7 through mid-July
- I-35 reduced to single lane in Downtown Duluth
- Highways 1, 75, 175, 220 and 317 are closed due to flooding in northwest Minnesota
You can visit the MnDOT website to get information about road construction projects and traffic impacts.
Click here for a complete list of projects by highway or region.