Family: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony recovering

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The family of a 5-year-old boy thrown off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America last week says he’s “showing real signs of recovery” but remains in intensive care.

The boy’s family posted the update Friday on a GoFundMe page that has raised nearly $900,000 for Landen’s medical expenses.

Beyond the fundraising page, Landen’s family has asked for privacy.

Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda with premeditated first-degree murder for the April 12 attack

Aranda told police he was angry at being rejected by women at the Minnesota mall and was “looking for someone to kill.”

Landen plunged almost 40 feet and suffered head trauma and multiple broken bones. His family says he still has “a long road ahead” to recovery.

Associated Press

Associated Press

TOP STORIES

KBJR 6 Weather Authority

Ashland
80°
Hayward
78°
Superior
75°
Hibbing
70°
International Falls
72°
Grand Marais
Ironwood
79°
Siren
Solon Springs
Munising
66°
Brainerd
75°
Bemidji
Aitkin
Silver Bay
70°
Cloquet
Cook
72°
Ely
Grand Rapids
Mora
72°
Moose Lake
Orr
72°
Two Harbors
Hinckley
77°
Connect with KBJR 6
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content