Space heater sparks house fire in Lavell Township

LAVELL TOWNSHIP, MN– A home is destroyed after catching fire Sunday night.

Several fire departments responded to the fire on Zim Road in the Lavell Township just south of Hibbing after 4:30 Sunday night.

When crews arrived they found a home on fire.

The homeowner escaped the house safely and was able to flag down a neighbor who called 911.

The owner said the fire started in the basement of the house, likely from a space heater being used to warm the water lines.

Officials say the home is a total loss. The fire cause is under investigation.

Jessie Slater

Jessie Slater

TOP STORIES

KBJR 6 Weather Authority

Ashland
71°
Hayward
67°
Superior
68°
Hibbing
67°
International Falls
54°
Grand Marais
Ironwood
65°
Siren
71°
Solon Springs
70°
Munising
61°
Brainerd
Bemidji
61°
Aitkin
70°
Silver Bay
63°
Cloquet
66°
Cook
66°
Ely
64°
Grand Rapids
65°
Mora
70°
Moose Lake
70°
Orr
61°
Two Harbors
64°
Hinckley
70°
Easter Forecast

Tonight: Rain moves in As a system approaches from the NW, there’s a 40% chance that rain will move in overnight especially in the arrowhead of

Read More »
Connect with KBJR 6
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content