Officials: Chemical mixture applied by a second employee

BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials’ preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant’s kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

Associated Press

Associated Press

TOP STORIES

KBJR 6 Weather Authority

Ashland
23°
Hayward
24°
Superior
20°
Hibbing
16°
International Falls
11°
Grand Marais
12°
Ironwood
25°
Siren
23°
Solon Springs
21°
Munising
33°
Brainerd
26°
Bemidji
Aitkin
Silver Bay
Cloquet
18°
Cook
12°
Ely
12°
Grand Rapids
14°
Mora
27°
Moose Lake
18°
Orr
14°
Two Harbors
19°
Hinckley
25°
Connect with KBJR 6
Top Stories
10 Things to Know for Today

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1. OUSTED AMBASSADOR TO TESTIFY IN IMPEACHMENT PROBE

Read More »
Scroll to top
Skip to content