DULUTH, MN– Labor Day weekend is upon us, and transportation officials want those who are traveling to be aware of some construction projects in our area.
In Wisconsin, WisDOT says construction on most highway projects will stop by noon on Friday, and won’t resume until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, September 3rd for the safety of motorists and workers.
Last year, throughout Labor Day weekend, traffic crashes killed seven people, and injured 355 people throughout the state of Wisconsin.
In Sawyer County, U.S. 63 from Hayward to Seeley is open to traffic, however passing lanes in Seeley and Cable will be closed over the holiday, and drivers should expect reduced speeds in the area.
Click here for a list of projects throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Here is a list of road construction projects in Minnesota which could cause delays:
- I-35 at the Pine/Chisago County line near Pine City – County Road 7 bridge will be closed through October. The ramps at State Highway 70 just south of Pine City are open, along with the new bridge.
- Highway 53 south of Eveleth – Single lane closures in both directions as crews remove a bridge and resurfacing pavement.
- Portions of Highway 53 in St. Louis and Koochiching Counties – Crews are working on adding new passing lanes between Kabetogama and Cook, along with intersection improvement work between Ericsburg and Cook.
- Highway 53 from Pale Face River to South Moon Lake Drive (north of Cotton, south of Eveleth) – A 13-mile stretch of Highway 53 will see lane closures as crews are performing work on a bridge. As the work is being done, Anchor Lake Rest Area will be closed through mid-September.
- State Highway 135 from Highway 53 to County Road 21 – A 23-mile stretch of 135 will be repaved, improving intersections in Gilbert, White and Aurora, work on two bridges as well as replacement or repairing dozens of culverts.
- Highway 210 from Brainerd to Ironton – An 11-mile stretch of Highway 210 from Ironton to the Brainerd Airport will be closed as the road will be resurfaced, along with pipes being replaced and improved access on the highway. A mini-roundabout will also be installed at the intersection of Highway 6 and 210 in Deerwood.
- Highway 65 from Highway 169 in Pengilly to Highway 200 intersection in Aitkin County – Crews will be repaving this stretch of Highway 65.
Click here for more details and a full list of the construction projects in Minnesota.