VIDEO: Northern WI deputy helps free bear cub

Wascott (WQOW) – A bear got its paw stuck in a car door in Douglas County this weekend and the encounter was caught on video.

It all happened Sunday in Wascott, northwest of Hayward. The cub’s mother and another cub were nearby, watching the incident unfold.

When a deputy arrived, the mama bear charged at the squad car.

The deputy didn’t let that scare her away. She was eventually able to open the door and set the cub free. 

The Douglas County Deputy Sheriff’s Association commented, "Apparently the trio have learned how to open the door and look for food. This isn’t the first time they’ve done this. The door got shut on its paw."

The Douglas County Deputy Sheriff’s Association shared the video on its Facebook page. The post said, it was "one mom helping another mom on Mother’s Day."

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

TOP STORIES

KBJR 6 Weather Authority

Ashland
45°
Hayward
50°
Superior
42°
Hibbing
35°
International Falls
34°
Grand Marais
34°
Ironwood
41°
Siren
53°
Solon Springs
48°
Munising
48°
Brainerd
45°
Bemidji
35°
Aitkin
36°
Silver Bay
41°
Cloquet
45°
Cook
36°
Ely
36°
Grand Rapids
37°
Mora
50°
Moose Lake
45°
Orr
34°
Two Harbors
41°
Hinckley
50°
Adam Lorch’s Forecast

Adam Lorch’s Forecast

TODAY/TONIGHT: We will be seeing partly sunny to mostly cloudy skies today. A weak front will pass, keeping the clouds

Connect With KBJR 6
More News

Police respond to stabbing in Downtown Duluth

One person is recovering from minor injuries to their arm after receiving a stab wound early Tuesday morning. Duluth Police

Public hearing Tuesday on SWLP rate increase proposal

Higher rates could be coming to Superior Water Light and Power customers. The company is requesting to raise utility rates

Local 17-year-old traveling to nation’s capital to end gun violence

DULUTH, MN – A high school student from Duluth is heading to Washington, D.C. this weekend to do what he

Grand Marais family escapes house fire on Devil Track Road 

A Grand Marais family escaped a house fire Sunday morning without injury.

Superior house fire ruled “accidental,” tenants praised for quick thinking

A fire at a Superior home over the weekend has been ruled accidental.

Scroll to top
Skip to content