Skip to Content

Solar panels on Lincoln Park home start fire, $40K in damage

Solar panel Fire
Solar panel Fire
Solar panel Fire
Solar panel Fire

DULUTH, MN-- Duluth Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday after a bystander saw smoke coming from the roof.

Crews arrived at the single-family home located on the 2200 block of West 6th Street around 2 p.m. after a person driving by noticed smoke coming from the roof.

Crews searched the home and found charred wood, dripping tar, and smoke in the attic, determining the fire the solar panels caused the fire.

Minnesota Power was called on scene to de-energized the solar panels.

According to officials, the homeowner and her dog evacuated the home prior to rescue crews arriving.

The Duluth Fire Marshal’s Office rules this accidental.

Damage is estimated to be $40,000.

Author Profile Photo

Molly Wasche

Social Media and Digital Content Manager

Skip to content