PROCTOR, MN -- Duluth HAZMAT and fire crews evacuated Proctor Ice Arena because of an ammonia leak Saturday.
Duluth and Proctor Fire Departments responded to the arena around 7 p.m.
Everyone in the building was evacuated safely.
No one was hurt.
Duluth's Hazardous Materials Response unit provided assistance in clearing the area.
A city spokesperson said Duluth and Proctor Fire Departments will continue to monitor air quality and are ventilating the space.
No word yet on where the leak is coming from.
According to crews on the scene, the ammonia leak was a low-level spill.
All remaining events at the rink have been canceled for the day.
According to the CDC, high levels of ammonia can irritate and burn the skin, mouth, throat, lungs, and eyes. Very high levels of ammonia can damage the lungs or cause death.
Fire officials say treating an ammonia leak is not like responding to a structure fire in that it takes a much longer, more drawn-out response.