Skip to Content

St. Ann’s residents allowed back inside hours after evacuation

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
st annes

UPDATE: The all clear has been given at St. Ann's in Duluth after it was evacuated this afternoon.

The fire department responded to the assisted living facility on a report of a chlorine leak.

An investigation found, rather than a leak, someone had poured chemicals down a mop sink drain, causing a potent smell.

Firefighters were able to flush the drain and it was deemed safe for residents to return Tuesday evening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DULUTH, MN -- The first floor of a Duluth assisted living facility is being evacuated Tuesday afternoon while first responders search for a possible chlorine leak.

According to Duluth Fire Department spokespeople, first responders are on scene at St. Ann's Residence on the 300 block of East Third Street as of 3:55 p.m.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Bonney Bowman

Skip to content