Skip to Content

Crews rescue residents, pets from Duluth house fire

DULUTH, MN– The Duluth Fire Department responded to a structure fire Sunday night around 11:30 p.m. at 629 N Central Ave.

Crews were notified of three people trapped inside the house with visible fire on the main floor.

Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming from the eaves of the two-story single family house.

Three occupants were awaiting rescue from a second floor window, while two of the occupants had made it outside of the structure. Fire crews were able to remove the victims from the house using a ladder placed on the rear of the building by the homeowner’s son.

Firefighters were also advised of a cat and dog still inside the house. Both animals were rescued and were in good condition with no signs of smoke inhalation.

The fire was knocked down quickly, and limited to the kitchen area.

Initial damages are estimated to be $40,000 for structure and contents.

The fire was determined to be of an electrical nature.

No firefighters or residents were injured. The residents were able to return to their home.

The Duluth Fire Department would like to remind people to regularly practice exit drills at their residences, because having a well practiced plan can make a big difference in the event of an emergency.

Ryan Haff

Skip to content