Skip to Content

Space heater sparks house fire in Lavell Township

LAVELL TOWNSHIP, MN– A home is destroyed after catching fire Sunday night.

Several fire departments responded to the fire on Zim Road in the Lavell Township just south of Hibbing after 4:30 Sunday night.

When crews arrived they found a home on fire.

The homeowner escaped the house safely and was able to flag down a neighbor who called 911.

The owner said the fire started in the basement of the house, likely from a space heater being used to warm the water lines.

Officials say the home is a total loss. The fire cause is under investigation.

Jessie Slater

Weekend Anchor and Multimedia Journalist

Skip to content